Commercial, Retail, Education, Residential, Recreational, Parking
Owner: Islamic Center of Passaic County
Services Provided: Planning, Architecture, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Plumbing Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering
Construction Cost: $50,000,000 (Estimated)
- Building – 173,000 S.F.
- Parking – 98,000 S.F.
- Planning and programming for a mixed-use development on a 2½ acre downtown Paterson site.
- To maximize the economic use of the valuable site
- To achieve a balance of uses
- To fulfill ICPC’s specific needs for the site, including the development of a Youth (recreational) Center and a Community Center Facility
- To be achievable within the bounds of a realistic budget
Other components studied for inclusion in the development included Housing, Office, and Commercial (Retail) functions in conjunction with site parking that would be required. The firm studied eight different scenarios, ranging from low-cost and low intensity to high-intensity development. One of the scenarios, which included all six basic components, was selected with modifications to serve as the basis for more detailed design.