Ahmed A. Azmy, Ph.D., AIA, APA
Dr. Azmy is renowned for his consummate ability to conceptualize and refine project design from complex criteria to an elegant solution In a career spanning more than 40 years, he has designed projects ranging from cultural centers, to corporate headquarters facilities, to the development of award winning Middle East urban design plans representing developments involving over $300 Million US in investment capital.
Dr. Azmy was born, and received his early architectural education and training, in Egypt, giving him a unique perspective of the cultural and design milieus of the country and the entire Middle East area. He maintains close ties with professional colleagues and family in Egypt and elsewhere in the region. In addition to his direct design experience, Dr. Azmy has served as an urban design consultant for the United Nations.
- B.S., Architecture,
Ain Shams University,Cairo, Egypt, 1958
- M. Architecture,
University of Pennsylvania, 1961
- M.City Planning,
University of Pennsylvania, 1962
Princeton University, 1964
- Ph.D., Architecture,
Princeton University, 1966
- Architecture, Egypt
- Architecture, New York (USA)
- Architecture, Pennsylvania (USA)
- Planning, New Jersey (USA)
- Architecture, New Jersey (USA)
- Chengdu New Century Residential District Master Plan, Chengdu, Sichuan, China, 1999
- Shindagha Urban Development Project, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 1989
- Government of Egypt, Nasser Monuments, Cairo, 1971
- Naga Hamadi Company, Naga Hamadi Residential Community, 1971
- University Traditions and Continuity in Architecture, Princeton Thesis, 1966.
- Tale of Two Cities: Makkah and Madina, Princeton University School of Engineering, 1994
Ehab Azmy, RA, AIA, LEED AP
Ehab received his Bachelor of Architecture from Cairo, Egypt in 1984 and his Master of Architecture from PRATT Institute, New York in 1993; he is also a licensed architect in New Jersey. Ehab’s main focus is on managing Interior, Architecture and Urban Design projects; he is also involved in managing the design and production process and overall quality control.
Ehab’s commitment to “sustainability” is exemplified in his LEED certification and his continued effort to integrate greening technologies and promote sustainability throughout the projects which he is currently managing, not only in the US but also internationally. Ehab has been providing consulting services for the United Nations since 2004 and he is currently on a task team advising the United Nations on projects throughout the world. As an artist, Ehab exhibited his Art Work in several galleries in Cairo and in New York; his abstract paintings are evident of his passion for arts and music.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Faculty of Fine Arts, Cairo, Egypt, 1984
- Master of Architecture, Pratt Institute, New York, USA, 1993